The Edelweiss Fancy Stone
Celebrating 120 years
Like his father before him, Daniel Swarovski learned the trade of crystal cutting. But instead of refinement, he wanted perfection. One day he discovered the secret of how to cut crystal in a way that made it sparkle like a gem. To do so, he set up a company in a small town in the Austrian mountains. Here he would use the powers of nature as his ally and under the sign of the edelweiss, Swarovski’s first logo, he started producing what was destined to become the most famous crystal in the world.
To commemorate our heritage and to celebrate the courageous undertaking of our founder, this year we are introducing the Edelweiss Fancy Stone. It is the first 3D edelweiss design in full crystal. Its precise facets, complex cut and smoothly rounded petals create the most detailed and realistic flower that has ever been available in crystal.
Another Swarovski Original full of possibilities
Also available in a partly frosted version, the new Edelweiss Fancy Stone offers countless design possibilities. For vintage or heritage-inspired designs, particularly those using traditional materials and fabrics, it adds a new dimension of tactility. Alternatively, it makes for an unexpected eye-catcher in contemporary romantic styles. Combine it with the other products of the Edelweiss Family (Flat Back and Pendant) for matching costume pieces.
Five reasons to go Edelweiss
- Floral design inspirations are set to continue as a strong trend.
- The beautifully crafted faceted flower has an almost lifelike appearance.
- A 120th anniversary special the Edelweiss Family is a unique reinterpretation of its first company logo.
- Crystal and foiling are sweat-resistant (depending on effect).
- Washable at 60°C when applied to textiles (depending on effect)