|Chaton Leather||Flat Back Leather|
Flat Back Leather
Flat Back Leather is the second innovative application solution
developed specially for the leather industry. The technique is based on a
great degree of technical know-how, and is offered exclusively by Certified Application Centers.
In general, smooth leather is one of the most captivating and challenging carrier materials for applying SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS. Because of the unique structure of leather, and its sensitive, treated surface, a standard Hotfix application is not recommended. Swarovski has therefore developed and patented a technique that enables XILION Transfers and Pearl Transfers to be applied to smooth leather.
- The Flat Back Leather technique is suitable for applying XILION Transfers with crystal sizes of SS 12, 16, 20, 30, and SS 34, and Pearl Transfers of sizes SS 16 and SS 34.
- Different crystal sizes can also be combined if desired.
Colors and motif selection
- This technique can be used for standard motifs as well as special motifs, and offers all the standard colors and effects of the XILION Transfer and Pearl Transfer ranges.
- The maximum size of the motif is 500x322 mm.
- Motifs that are larger than this can easily be joined together during the application process on the leather.
- In general, there is no minimum size for a Flat Back Leather motif.
Specification of the carrier material
- As leather is a natural product, each individual hide is unique. Leather can react differently to heat and pressure, depending on natural properties, as well as the processing and finishing methods.
- To ensure optimum results, your application partner will check each individual hide before beginning the application process.
- In addition, Swarovski recommends a selection of standard leathers that are particularly suitable for application using the Flat Back Leather technique.
Size of the leather
- In general, there is no maximum leather size. However, the size of the heat press (standard size: 500x400 mm), the transfer design, and the roughness of the leather can lead to restrictions. Before the start of production, a sample run should always be applied.
- There is no minimum size for the leather.
- To achieve optimum results, a minimum leather thickness of 0.5 mm is recommended.
- A maximum thickness cannot generally be given, as it depends on
the structure and elasticity of the leather. Before the start of
production, a sample run should always be applied.
- Flat Back Leather features natural leather as the carrier material. As leather can be sensitive and react differently to mechanical and chemical stresses, a soft cotton cloth is recommended for cleaning.
- In general, mild, pH-neutral leather cleaners produced by the leather industry can also be used, though these should be tested before the first application.
- Please obtain further information from your leather supplier in order to achieve the required results.
Sample and order information
Certified Application Center
- Due to extensive technical requirements, Flat Back Leather is supplied exclusively by trained, Certified Application Centers. A list of partners around the world can be found on the business website, WWW.SWAROVSKI-ELEMENTS.COM/BUSINESS, in the Application Partner Platform area.
- Please contact your nearest Swarovski sales organization for more information.
- Testing and approving the customer’s leather for suitability (Certified Application Center)
- Developing the Flat Back Leather motif and drawing up the quotation for the exclusive application (Swarovski)
- Drawing up the quotation for the application (Certified Application Center)
- Placing and producing the sample order (customer with the Certified Application Center)
- Placing and producing the production order (customer with the Certified Application Center)
- Sending the final Flat Back Leather to the customer (Certified Application Center)
Developing the Flat Back Leather motif
- Sending images and files in an accessible format (JPG, BMP, DXF), that reflect the actual size of the design and are of a good quality, is a major advantage in implementing the design into a Flat Back Leather motif.
- In your design instructions, please include the motif size, respecting the final maximum dimensions of 500x322 mm.
The sample and production order is placed directly with the Certified Application Center. In line with this, all order and delivery conditions, as well as conditions of business, are agreed directly with the Application Partner. Swarovski will be happy to assist you throughout the order process.
Due to technical/production-related tolerances when working with Flat Back Leather, the final design may differ slightly to the original. As such, the design or the application (in the wider sense) may be subject to slight variation in each reproduction. No warranty claims can be made against Swarovski in this respect.